Conventional thinking might suggest you “wait” to see if your acne scars improve over time.
In reality, waiting means your scars WILL WORSEN over time.
- Natural aging means collagen loss
- Skin elasticity lessens
- Natural aging means facial fat loss
- *As you age your skin’s ability to regenerate collagen decreases
#4 is the MOST important reason.
Today’s fractional laser and radio frequency treatments are successful because they create a collagen production response. This action is what smooths scars.
The YOUNGER you are when you treat scars, the MORE SUCCESSFUL the outcomes will be and the MORE QUICKLY you’ll get results.
The cost of waiting
It’s tempting to “wait” because young people don’t want to experience any downtime or have people ask what they’re doing to their skin.
Plus, treating acne scars can feel expensive for young budgets.
But this is one case where WAITING IS COSTLY in a real sense.
Scars that are left alone become FAR MORE COSTLY TO TREAT LATER since the number of treatments required INCREASES.
Top doctors agree that older skin needs much more stimulation to produce enough new collagen to smooth out scars.
Are my scars bad enough to treat?
Scars don’t “un-scar” by themselves.
How do I know what treatment’s right for my acne scarring?
There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to smoothing acne scars.
The right treatment for you will depend on several factors:
- The type and severity of your scars dictate potential outcomes. Very shallow scars may end up being virtually undetectable. Deeper scars can be improved with the latest techniques. The potential end result can be very satisfying.
- Your ethnicity matters because pigment levels matter. Skin with more resident pigment-producing cells (even if you aren’t “dark”) do better with non-lasers like INFINI Fractional Radio-Frequency.
- The ability or acceptability to have some downtime can determine treatment levels.
In any instance, regardless of age, you should find out what your options are and get treatments early.
For more information on the most effective acne scar removal laser treatments in Singapore.
Questions on acne scar treatment? Ask me using the form right below or click on the floating WhatsApp icon on the bottom right.